Skip to content
- Roman Empire silver denarius, 3.26g, minted 200 CE, RIC 138 (rated as scarce), RSC 576, Foss 43 (attributed to 200 CE).
Emperor Septimius Severus, victor in the Civil Wars following the death of Commodus. Established the Severan Dynasty.
- Certified by NGC to Ch AU, toned with lustrous surfaces.
- Historic emmission for the Emperor's return to Rome from the East, with prayers for his safe return. Issued during the joint reign of Severus and Caracalla.
- Remarkable detail with the emperor on horseback!
- Obverse: L SEPT SEV AVG IMP XI PART MAX, laureate bust of emperor right.
- Reverse: PROFECT AVGG FEL, Severus holding spear on horse prancing right.