Skip to content
- Almost Uncirculated Victoria sterling silver Great Britain florin or two shillings coin.
- The florin was Britain's first attempt at coinage decimalization, the florin = 1/10 of a pound.
- 1849 was the first year of issue for type; rejected by the public because the obverse legend did not include DEI GRATIA (DG), by the Grace of God. The 1849 date became known as the "Godless Florin."
- Subsequently the florin was redesigned with the obverse legend (in gothic script) including D G and re-introduced in 1851.
- Certified by NGC to AU Details (Cleaned).