Skip to content
- Choice Very Fine Emperor Antoninus Pius Roman Empire AE As copper coin.
- Struck at Rome, 26mm, 13.07g, RIC 1022 rated as scarce, Foss 87 (attributed to 158 CE).
- Certified by NGC to Ch VF, Strike 4/5, Surface 3/5.
- Historic coin part of an emission for the celebration for the Emperor's 20th year reign anniversary.
- Reverse depicts an architectural type showing the Emperor standing on a column within shrine.
- Obverse: ANTONINVS AVG PIVS PP TR P XXII, laureate, draped and cuirassed bust of emperor facing right.
- Reverse: COS IIII S C, Emperor standing on column within shrine.