Skip to content
- Superb style sharp details Roman Empire Emperor Antoninus PIus minted 143/144 CE.
- Unusual presentation of military equipment: two ancilia oval shields with rounded projections above and below.
- Copper as, 10.75 grams, RIC 736a.
- NGC certified to CH XF, Strike: 5/5, Surface 3/5.
- Pedigree: Ex. Paul Rynearson, whose ticket annotates that this coin is Ex. Oman Collection, 2 VII 68, lot 194.
- Obverse: ANTONINVS AVG PIVS P P TR P COS III, laureate bust.
- Reverse: IMPERATOR II ANCILIA S C, Two ancilia oval shields with rounded projections above and below.