- Extremely Fine Emperor Trajan silver denarius coin produced in Fine Style.
- Struck at Rome between 114 to 117 CE, RIC 347, approx 19mm.
- Certified by NGC to XF Fine Style.
- Obverse: IMP CAES NER TRAIANO OPTIMO AVG GER DAC, laureate, draped bust right.
- Reverse: P M TR P COS VI P P S P Q R, Genius standing left holding patera and grain ears.
Although the term genius might apply to any divinity whatsoever, most of the higher-level and state genii had their own well-established names. Genius applied most often to individual places or people not generally known; that is, to the smallest units of society and settlements, families and their homes. Houses, doors, gates, streets, districts, tribes, each one had its own genius.