Skip to content
- Roman Empire silver denarius, 3.21 g, RIC --, RSC 313b, minted 112 to 117 AD (COS VI).
- NGC certified Ch XF Star, Strike 5/5, Surface 4/5.
- The Star designation indicates that the coin has exceptional eye appeal, usually derived from some impressive aspect(s) of the strike, surface or style.
- Superb obverse style with Aegis on far shoulder and snake rising upwards (very rare variant with only 1 example in RD hoard).
- Figure of Providentia unusually detailed with facial features; Providentia is the Goddess of forethought and personification of the ability to foresee.
- Obverse: IMP CAES NER TRAIAN OPTIM AVG GER DAC, laureate head right, Aegis on left shoulder, with bare chest
- Reverse: PARTHICO P M TR P COS VI P P SPQR, PRO VID across field. Providentia standing left with sceptre and globe.